Are You Ready to Change the World?
As a woman, you have the chance to achieve your dream while changing the world. We're here to help.
"The most effective way to do it, is to do it." - Amelia Earhart
Her International: The Sky's The Limit
There's really no limitation to what type of projects we support, so long as they do support at least one of the UNSDG's. We support projects that take place both domestically, within your own country, or internationally. Examples of projects that would be considered are:
- Sailing from Tonga to Auckland in an effort to focus on UNSDG #14 (Life Below Water), by collecting water samples for Adventure Science to test fro the presence of micro plastics.
- Starting a magazine that focuses on addressing UNSDG #11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities) through the launch of a specific project taking place in Los Angeles, California that works with Breathe LA to create a sustainable solution to the Los Angeles pollution problem.
- Running a marathon on each continent to break a world record and planting a tree after every race to support #13 (Climate Action).
- Developing an innovative solution to combat hunger in Chad and Niger #2 (Zero Hunger) and working together with a local non-profit in Chad and Niger to test and produce your solution.
- Starting your own non-profit designed to provide running events for women in Erbil, Iraq, addressing #3 (Good Health and Well-Being).
*All examples have been made up by Her International.We do not support projects that fall into the following categories: study abroad, vacations, backpacking/exploration trips, networking trips, self-discovery. Examples of projects that would be not be considered are:
- Traveling to Costa Rica to stay in a sanctuary and study reforestation, #13, Climate Action (the problem with this as that you are not working towards a solution to combat a UNSDG, you would rather be on a "vacation" or "field study").
- Couples trips without a mission
- Photo-journalism trips
- Personal business start-ups (other than 501(c)3)
- House restoration/personal projects